cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bombaxii
Journeyman III

Mac with 5700 XT/Core X Chroma

Was very excited to try out an eGPU solution using Radeon RX 5700 XT in a Razer Core X Chroma on my 2018 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.1. I selected these because of https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544, but no go.

Anyone out there having a similar issue? The Macbook sees the Core X Chroma on the Thunderbolt bus, but does not see the 5700 card. The card is seated in the chassis and the 6+2 power cables are plugged into the card through the 5700's included adapter. When I plug in the thunderbolt cable, everything lights up, fans spin, the card's fan is activated, 'Radeon' lights up, but the Mac doesn't see the card when I view the Graphics/Displays section in the System Information report, and it doesn't recognize an external monitor attached through the card. It sees only the Core X.

It doesn't seem like there's a lot I could have done wrong, and I've reseated the card twice in the Core X and have no luck. Anything I'm missing?

0 Likes
1 Reply
nod286
Journeyman III

I have the same issue. Razer Core X, AMD 5700XT or 5600XT connected to Razer Blade 15 windows 10. Currently have service tickets with both AMD and Razer and have talked to AMD on phone. Both websites state that Razer Core X and 5700 XT will work together. So far they do not. Yet, GTX 1080, GTX 1660ti, RX 580 all worked instantly. The 5700XT (is PCIe 4.0) would not work with a 3.0 PCIe riser cable in an vertical GPU mount. Also tried with HP Spectre and NUC. All GTX cards and RX cards worked perfectly. 5700XT/5600XT will not. Error message when MS loads generic drivers, then when I install AMD drivers I get Ooops, something went wrong and leads me to MS error code page. Sent my direct x log to AMD, followed instructions: uninstalled all AMD drivers...reinstall no luck. My current position is that PCIe 4.0 does not work with the PCIe 3.0 slot on the Razer Core (also tried in ASUS eGPU no luck.

0 Likes