Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

b_hutch
Journeyman III

Strange tù:└ÃàpwEàpwƒK Program Linked to RadeonSettings.exe

Hello,

Can someone tell me what this program is that is trying to gain access to priviledged system resources and has been flagged by my firewall? Apparently the program name is tù:└ÃàpwEàpwƒK, and it is linked to RadeonSettings.exe. However, nothing else is known about it. There is no reference of it at all online anywhere. Can anyone from AMD confirm that this is their program and that it is harmless? I've attached my firewall alerts containing the information as screen captures.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Might help if you link file location (in English).

This is English only forum, so who knows where to look ? (I won't try web searching it).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
b_hutch
Journeyman III

Thanks for the response. Check the screenshots that I had attached of the Zone Alarm notification. The file path is included. Also I am from Canada and everything have regarding AMD is in english. This is why I am so puzzled by this strange program name. Like I said, check the attachments and you will officially have the same information I have. I have a radeon vega 56 and I downloaded the drivers from the main AMD website. Thanks.

0 Likes

First see if that name is not listed in the Windows Menu under AMD listings. If it is not than it is either a false alarm on Zone Alarm part or you may possibly have a virus infection.

Reason why I asked, Another User in a foreign country install AMD Driver set in a foreign language and not English and in the Windows Menu it had a couple of garbled names like yours. Turned out to be a bug in the International version of AMD Driver installation.

Open a AMD Service Request and ask them if that is a bug or a possibly a virus from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Try running Malwarebytes free version and see if it comes up with any infections. Also try Spybot which is also free. There are other Anti-Virus programs that will scan your computer for free.

Try scanning your computer with Windows own Anti-Virus scanner.

Have you tried to search you computer for that strange file by any chance?

Download a free Microsoft program called Autoruns from here: Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs 

It will show you everything that is running during start up and other info that may help you see if that strange program is running or identify any odd named programs.

0 Likes

I've gone through every  AMD reg. file, and can't  find it, but I have intel cpu (unless it has something related to AMD APU/processor/graphics).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes