AnsweredAssumed Answered

Instability, excessive voltages, and lower overclocks in bioses based on Agesa code 1.0.0.4 on the AMD X570 motherboards

Question asked by os2wiz on Dec 6, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2020 by mjs1231

I have a Ryzen 9 3900X cpu on an MSI MEG X570 Unify motherboard. The release bios on this new board was based on the 1.0.0.3 ABBA Agesa code . It worked fine I achieved a stable all core manual overclock of 4.3 GHZ and my benchmarks were very good with excellent system stability. Since then AMD released 2 new bioses based on Agesa code 1.0.0.4 Agesa code in response to complaints about boost speeds and to reduce latency issues and improved pci-E compatibility. Both those bios releases are horridly unstable, require higher voltages to maintain stability. cause occasional unanticipated system reboots and have lowered my ability to overclock by 100 megahertz. The feel of the system is not smooth and rock solidlike it was under 1.0.0.3 ABBA. I believe you have sacrificed most users to the whims of gamers who want those higher single core boost clocks for competitive gaming. Very poor judgement on your part and to release two official bios releases with these issues is inexcusable.  I frequent the overclock.net web site, one of the largest computer enthusiast sites on the web,  and I see these same complaints not only in my motherboard thread but in multiple other X570 motherboard threads.  So I am not imagining it and it is a serious issue on all the X570 motherboards. When will it be resolved??? I  have a high level of expectations on the competency of AMD to properly diffuse stable high performance code to your partners and customers.  I have been forced to revert to the release bios for the Unify motherboard based on 1.0.0.3 ABBA agesa code.  Do NOT make an enemy of me. I have been around the block and have excellent organizational skills. Nothing need further be said on my part. The ball is in your court.

Outcomes