cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mikhonda2019
Adept I

Navi gpu's not supported on freesync 75hz 1080p Dell se2717h/hx monitor.

Hey to all concerned, if you own this monitor (Dell se2717h/hx) do not invest in a navi gpu. Just upgraded to a sapphire pulse rx 5700 from an msi rx 570 gaming x and anything outside of windows with drivers already installed, will not work with this display. No bios/uefi, no entering safemode, no AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU. It will not work with this monitor whatsoever. Only if i've already installed driver (whilst using my polaris card) and manually set the refresh rate to 60 or 75hz. Then i can put the navi card in and just boot to desktop, where it works seemingly normally. People have been reporting the same problem with this monitor and it is not vendor related. Was just helping another fellow on reddit that just built a system with ryzen 5 3600x and an msi 5700 xt who has the same monitor and of course since he had no os already installed (new build) was about to return the whole thing. And we are not the only ones.

The monitor has no firmware upgrade port so there is no use talking to dell. The onus is on AMD to push an update so the AIB partners can update their firmware and give us a Vbios fix.

It is absolute nonsense to buy a freesync monitor not even two years old and not have it supported by the latest freesync cards.

C'mon team red, we can do better.

P.S This is monitor error message:

When I boot the computer, I get a message: "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920×1080, 60Hz or any other monitor listed timings as per the monitor specification"

This is monitor display specs:

Horizontal Timing Total - 2080
Horizontal Timing Display - 1920
Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 48
Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 32
Vertical Timing Total - 1119
Vertical Timing Display - 1080
Vertical Timing Front Porch - 3
Vertical Timing Sync Width - 5
Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive
Vertical Timing Polarity - Negative
Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive
G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 174500
G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 74.9725
HDMI Link Status Monitoring - Disabled
Current Link Settings - Not Available

5 Replies
csanchezolt
Adept I

I have spoken with sapphire and they tell me that the problem is dell, and dell says that it is not a monitor problem, in the end I will have to change a monitor with 8 months of use.

sorry my english

I was just talking to another person on reddit who just built ryzen 5 3600x and msi rx 5700xt pc. He has the same monitor and the same problem also. The problem is navi in general. Sapphire or msi, 5700 or 5700xt we all have this problem. AMD needs to fix this at a firmware level and then sapphire can give us a a Vbios fix.

It's not right that a one year old freesync monitor doesn't work with the latest freesync cards.

Best of luck and thank you.

0 Likes

Oh damn, that's terrible. I've just recieved the same monitor yesterday (bought it used). I was gonna go with a 5700/XT for my i5 8600k gaming build but now i'm afraid. Is a 2060 Super enough for 1080/75hz? It's about the same price as an XT in my country.

Btw, is it working fine if i was to stick to 60hz with this screen (se2717h)?

Edit: So if i use my integrated gpu (uhd 630) to install the Amd driver for the 5700/5700xt and then switch to the 5700/xt i'll be fine?

Hey, was away for the holidays. What card did you get in the end and how is it going? I think a 5700xt is overkill for 1080/75hz and a 2060s. Even a 2060 or 5700 are better suited to 2k. Or at least 1080/144hz.

I have the exact same issue - Dell SE2717H with Sapphire 5700 XT, normal operation works fine but can't get into the BIOS. This is honestly really not a good look for AMD. Dell is a major producer of monitors and this one is fairly new. Get it together.

0 Likes