cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

deepseadozzer
Journeyman III

AMD Link disconnects Shield TV when ReLive enabled

I'm having trouble connecting an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) to my PC using AMD Link.  I can connect to the PC, but it immediately disconnects.

SOFTWARE

AMD Link software version  2.5.190920 (Sep 20)

I've also updated radeon software to version 19.12.1 (Adrenalin)

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Windows Defender / Firewall are only Anti-virus software products installed.  I've setup the "Auto-configure Windows Firewall" settings, I've also manually added the "radeonsettings.exe" file as an exception in Windows Defender.  I've even tried disabling firewall altogether, results are the same.

HARDWARE

PC: Intel i7-9700K @3.60 Ghz

16GB Ram

Radeon RX 590 graphics card

Using Ethernet connection to switch, then router

CLIENT

Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) which has just been installed / updated to latest software.

Using Ethernet connection to switch, then router

ROUTER

Asus RT-AC86u

AMD Link settings:

I've tried both manual AND "Auto Connect Discovery", my "Shield Android TV" is listed as a device in the AMD Link Configuration page.

ISSUE:

The issue is a strange one.  I can launch the AMD Link client on my Shield TV, it automatically detects my PC on the same Ethernet network.  If I click to connect, it connects successfully and displays the "Connected to XXXX" message.  I then get two icons (as expected) - Gaming / Media.

If I click on Gaming, I see "Remote Play is Disabled", "Enable remote play in ReLive on your PC to access this functionality"

If I click on Media, I see "ReLive is Disabled", "Enable ReLive on your PC to access this functionality"

As soon as I go into Radeon Settings and switch ReLive toggle to "On", my Shield TV immediately disconnects.  If I turn on these settings before attempting to connect to the PC any attempt to connect fails, sort of...I get a "Connected" notification on my PC and Shield TV, but that is immediately followed by a "Disconnected" message.

Global settings in ReLive:

Relive: On

Record Desktop: Disabled (although I've tried with Enabled to)

Save Folder is set

Borderless Region Capture: Disabled

Everything else is at default settings, I haven't changed anything

Game & VR Streaming tab in ReLive:

Remote Play: Enabled

Steam VR not installed

I'd be tearing my hair out if I had any....I cannot understand why I'm able to connect using AMD Link, but as soon as any of the features are enabled (ReLive), I am automatically disconnected. 

Any ideas where I can go to find out what is happening here or anywhere I can gather logs? 

Thanks!

2 Replies
tastyratz
Adept II

You're not the only one. I just picked up a 5700 xt and I've been trying to get this to work since steam streaming looks bad without nvenc support. (Took me forever to find with the inconsistent dual settings banner)

I couldn't find my pc in AMD Link on my (2017) shield. I chased firewall and network settings but it refused to show up. I saw your thread and decided to disable relive and sure enough, my pc was auto-discovered but complained about relive being disabled. Once I reenabled relive my shield was kicked out and couldn't connect to the recent pc again.

I just tested disabling windows defender real-time protection and I was then able to see gaming/media. 

I added the exception and tried again with AV. I was able to browse shortly but booted out inexplicably when scrolling through the games for remote play.

I then added the whole folder as an exception, no change.

I disabled real-time protection of windows defender completely and it still did not work, must not really be defender issues at the root.

So then I checked windows firewall and I noticed the automatically created firewall entries include one for amddvr.exe in the cnext folder... except there is no amddvr.exe in that folder.

My guess is the service runs for AMD live but it depends on relive (amddvr.exe) to pull data and the file isn't present. This is also 19.12.1 for me. I have not checked previous drivers for behavior.

0 Likes

Confirmed missing by installing on another windows 7 pc, with rx460, and avast av (vs the W10, defender, 5700xt pc I mentioned). I also confirmed I could NOT initially find this pc at all from the shield until I disabled relive.

I was able to connect and stream successfully from my LG G7 phone.

I installed link natively on my sony x900f android tv and experienced the same behavior as the shield tv.

I reported the bug to AMD but before trying my tv/phone

This is definitely fundamentally something wrong in Adrenaline as a bug as it relates to the android tv app (on multiple different devices) and it crosses operating system, antivirus, and hardware platforms.

0 Likes