cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bule
Adept I

Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 Crashing

I have a problem with constant crashing with my new Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 8GB.

ASUS prime x470 pro

Ryzen 7 2700x

Hyper Predator 16GB 3200

Samsung Evo 500GB

Corsair 650W gold+

NZXT H500i

Win10Pro

I used my old graphic card XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB for a month with some old drivers that actually support that card. With no problems and crashing, I played Witcher III and a few other games and then I got Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 8GB.

I removed old drivers with DDU in safe mode, put new GPU in case, installed the latest drivers (19.9.2.) and the nightmare begins...

Games crashing after 5-30mins, black screen, puts me back to the desktop, sounds still working so I need to kill it in Tasks.

I didn't get BSOD or hard reset so my guess is there is no problem with PSU or any other component.

Try to get into Wattman to see what is going on but the driver isn't responding for 10min or so.

I did try installing old drivers v18.  with the same results. I even installed 19.2.1 v same results.

Played a little bit with Wattman settings as there are some, so call "solution", on youtube and forums

but every time game crashes drivers go back to default settings.

As long as I could play Temp is around 60-65°C when loaded and GPU is around 50-70% loaded... so the conclusion is that FANS are spinning and doing their job well so another conclusion is that Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 8GB is actually 100% well working GPU.

So basically now  I'm stuck with this GPU and more I read about this topic there isn't a solution or am I missing something?

Also, is it LEGIT to sell hardware if you cant provide stable drivers for it? Now I'm thinking about lawsuit cuz if you think about it it's like buying a car but it cant drive cuz something is wrong with it and nobody knows what and even manufacturer can't help you with it but no refunds.

This really sucks and someone should get punched in the face! I lost a lot of time trying to solve this and my time isn't free.

If anybody sees a solution please let me know, I'll buy you a beer and we can trash talk AMD!

0 Likes
3 Replies
bule
Adept I

Hi,

again I played a little bit with setup and here is what I did and so far no crashing.

First be sure to UPDATE your windows

1. I plugged a second PciE cable to graphic card (don't know if this actually did some changes but no harm of tryin and I read few articles about it)

2. BIOS on GPU switched to Performance (Silent mode is useless)

3. Set WINDOWS in performance mode

4. In power plan set Fast Boot to OFF

5. Go to AMD Drivers site and download 19.11.3. Optional drivers (do not install yet)

5. Go to SAFE MODE and use DDU to remove old drivers. Do not use option for windows to automaticly download driers.

6. Reset PC with network cable unplugged 

7. Install drivers you downloaded 19.11.3. Restart

8. Uninstall TRIXX and any other similar monitoring software. (Maybe they are in conflict with wattman)

9. Also disable NZXT cam of similar before Gaming or working

10. Go to Radeon Settings / Gaming / Global Settings  and set Wait for Vertical Refresh to OFF

11. In WATTMAN I used this settings

wattman.png

Result:

Played Witcher III for 3 hours without crashing with setting to ULTRA (only set Nvidia Hairworks to OFF)

1. FPS above 60

2. GPU temp max 55-60°C

3. GPU load max around 70%

3. Vents no screaming

So this works for me but I think this is no solution to our problem. AMD should provide working software.

0 Likes

Using maximum GPU power with WattMan can cause crashes.

I know... but still works..

Today I stress tested GPU and no crashing at all. Did some runs in adobe premiere, photoshop, etc...

My conclusion is that GPU is not cooling well enough with old drivers and stock settings + some other tweak I did.

Temps still around 50°C.

I will monitor situation and post results from time to time...

cheers