cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vegauser01
Journeyman III

Radeon Wattman BIG problems

1st question: Is there a keyboard shortcut for opening and closing Wattman?

I use it very often and i have to close it every time because there are weird boxes appearing at my mouse cursor location showing some temperature values when i leave the window in the background. These boxes interfere with the graphical display of applications and games and stay in foreground hovering over the desktop and stay visible even if i switch to a video game in fullscreen or windowed mode. Closing wattman or radeon settings does not make them go away. Sometimes they stay on the screen until i reboot the computer or log off.

Please fix that in upcoming driver releases. It is a very annoying thing and it drives me crazy.

2nd question: Why are the Radeon Settings are not saving the window position and size like all windows do?

I have to open and close the Radeon Settings window very often and when it opens again i have to adjust the size because the initial opened window is tiny. It is so tiny i cannot even properly read all the wattman settings for my video card clock without having to scroll around or resize the window.

Please fix that in upcoming driver releases. It is a very annoying thing and it drives me crazy.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Click the (?) in radeon settings toolbar, perhaps you have not read all.

Overlay hotkeys/ turn on/off etc....

My radeon settings appears same place/size every time.

But without some more INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION , i'm just taking guesses.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I have seen those boxes as well.

It tends to happen if I am running at 2K or 4K desktop resolution on a 4K monitor.
As for the size of Radeon Settings I agree it is not scaling properly with desktop resolution changes.
Example:
1080p desktop resolution:
pastedImage_1.png
2K desktop resolution:
pastedImage_2.png

4K Desktop Resolution: Bythis stage I find it very difficult to read the text.
pastedImage_3.png

You should file an AMD Reporting Form using the following:
pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes