Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

maarlock
Journeyman III

Radeon settings : I don't have the performance / watt setting

Hello,

I am the proud owner of a RX5700XT and I have a little problem with Radeon settings :

I saw on the following page that there is an option called "performance / watt" in wattman :

https://www.amd.com/fr/support/kb/faq/dh-020 

However, I can't find it in my radeon settings app, here is what I have instead :

Capture.PNG

As you can see I don't have this setting in the global wattman page...

A friend of mine has the same RX5700XT and does have it :/

Is the faq out of date or am I doing something wrong here ? 

0 Likes
5 Replies

It does say on the page, 'supported on RX Vega'.

I have the same as your pic.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Try scrolling down the screen using the slider on the RHS of the window?
Capture.PNG

So what make/model is your RX5700XT that shows both options.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
maarlock
Journeyman III

thank you for your answers.

It's weird that my friend has this settings, I thing i had a rx vega before, he probably haven't update his drivers since...

The auto overclock make the driver crash for me... I can only play 30 seconds with it enabled before the games crash 

0 Likes

RE: It's weird that my friend has this settings, I thing i had a rx vega before, he probably haven't update his drivers since...

If you mean:
Your friend had an RX Vega 56 or 64, removed it and then installed the RX5700XT and still sees option called "performance / watt" in wattman.

I think that is the reason they still see that option.
See if they can run DDU and fresh install of new AMD drivers with just the RX5700XT installed.

RE: The auto overclock make the driver crash for me... I can only play 30 seconds with it enabled before the games crash 
Auto overclock is a self destruct switch on RX Vega 64 Liquid - I have filed AMD Reporting form about it over 1 year ago. It is still broken.
If you look at this: Vote for Radeon Software Ideas - July 2019 
One new feature mentioned is "Expand Auto Tuning feature(s) to Radeon RX 400/RX 500 series"
My complaint is it still does not work on the original AMD RX Vega 64 Liquid launched back in  14 August 2017.