cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jb67
Journeyman III

No DVI output after windows Splash screen on Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4GB.

I have 2 monitors connected. 1 HDMI and 1 DVI, both were working fine.

The DVI drops the connection after the windows splash screen.  HDMI still works fine.

If I boot into safe mode the DVI works and the HDMI doesn't.  I'm guessing this is a driver issue.  I've deleted and cleaned all AMD drivers and installed the latest and the problem reocurrs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies

What does Windows 10 Settings - Display show when the HDMI Monitor is working and the DVI Monitor is not?

What does Device Manager show? Any Yellow Exclamation marks or errors showing?

When you boot into Windows and the HDMI Monitor is working, what happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable and leave the DVI Monitor connected? Does it start to work?

Are you by any chance using an Adapter like a DVI-VGA adapter?

Is the the RX 570 driver you have installed: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570 

0 Likes
jb67
Journeyman III

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

The DVI connected screen does not show up in device manager and cannot be detected using the Detect second screen button.  As far as the OS is concerned it's not connected.

If I disconnect the HDMI monitor the DVI one does not spring into life.  Booting with just the DVI is the same.  The signal drops after the Windows splash screen.

No adapter used it's a straight DVI - DVI cable and I'm using the latest driver you linked to.

It's very odd - I've taken to booting into safe mode if I want to use the smaller DVI connected screen. (If I have the TV on the HDMI connected screen).  Sometimes when I then boot into normal mode both screens come on...this last for 1 boot, the DVI signal then drops on the next boot after the windows splash screen.

I'm pretty sure the hardware is ok and it's a driver issue.  Was hoping there was a known rogue driver conflict causing the issue.

0 Likes
deckie
Journeyman III

Just a thought, is the DVI cable fully pinned? If not, or if not all the data pins are connected through, some monitors can give this exact problem.

0 Likes

The DVI cable is fine. If I boot into safe mode the DVI connected monitor works perfectly.

I think it must be a driver issue.

0 Likes

Ok, I assume you checked that all the pins were there in the DVI connector because this one totally threw me - the monitor worked ok in safe mode so therefore the cable must ok - not so. I can only think that my new monitor uses different data pins for different types of video signals where my old one doesn’t. I thought I'd proved the problem to a faulty DVI input on the new monitor because it all worked fine on my old monitor when I swung the cable across and the other inputs worked ok. The monitor ended up being changed under the warranty and yes, the new one was exactly the same, until I changed the cable for a fully pinned one!

0 Likes