cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

peepeegamer
Newcomer

After installing new display drivers for AMD card the mouse stutters

I attempted to install new display drivers (graphics drivers if that wasn't obvious) so I could get those cool settings my mom's laptop has when we got it for her. The only problem is, this laptop is from 2015. I tried to update the drivers to the newest I could find on AMD's website, but it doesn't do anything except cause stuttering. My mouse, the entire display works for a second, and it freezes for 1-2 seconds, then unfreezes and repeats. I've seen suggestions of updating my motherboard BIOS, but computers aren't new to me, I know that if I mess up that update it's kinda over. I'll list my specs and any help is appreciated. I've tried updating windows, didn't work. I'm afraid to COMPLETELY uninstall the older version of the drivers because others with my issue have said that has not worked, and if it happens it'll be a big pain to go find them again. I've seen "fixes" for this but none for a laptop.

Here's the important stuff I got from system info

Processor    AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

GPU    AMD Radeon HD 8400

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    4.00 GB

BIOS Version/Date    Insyde F.1B, 9/10/2015

System Type    x64-based PC

System Model    HP Notebook

Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362 (Windows 10 Home)

SMBIOS Version    2.8

Any help is appreciated, if not possible, I'll end up upgrading my computer probably or stick with it until then. I'm not taking the risk and effort of replacing a laptop's GPU chip.

0 Likes
0 Replies