cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

deathsyphenx
Adept I

how long does it take to replace my cpu

I have been dealing with this ryzen 2700x for 2 months. And I am hoping  that they crossship a new one.  I am a disabled  vet and I use my pc for everything.

0 Likes
10 Replies

Do you have a case number from AMD concerning your RMA of your processor?

What did AMD say when they emailed you about your Processor?

Did you use AMD Warranty or your Retailer's Warranty?

0 Likes

I do have a case number from me checking twice for a update from customer service but absolutely nothing from rma. Newegg will not accept returns for a cpu. They push it off onto the manufacturer's website. I had issues with the last cpu aswell but it was resolved extremely fast. I would hate to wait a week or 2 just from them to even process the rma and then shipping to them and then more time for them to process it and then send it back.

0 Likes

If Newegg.com Warranty is not in effect, then you need to open a AMD WARRANTY REQUEST to see if you need to RMA the processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

They will give you all the info you need to return the processor and get a replacement.

All AMD  Processor in a Box has a 3 year Warranty and you can use AMD Warranty for Warranty repairs once the Retailer/Vendor's Warranty is not in effect any more.

That was actually the first thing i did because Newegg shut me down instantly because it was over its 30 day return period. I didn't hear anything after that initial email from the RMA dept saying that they received it. i have called the cs dept everyday sence. I really really hope that they will cross-ship or send an advanced replacement.

0 Likes

I've looked up your RMA which you opened on 11/17/2019. You received a response asking for some information on 11/18/2019, which you haven't replied to as yet. 

I do not have any replies in my inbox or spam. So something might be wrong on my end. Could it be resent? Also can the rma be speeded up in anyway. This issue is urgent.  Thanks

0 Likes

Sorry , I missed responding to this yesterday. I will resend the last response. Once we receive your response, I will do my best to speed up the RMA process. 

I would get on the horn and  inquire with the party handling your RMA

Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Your RMA has been processed and a shipping label has been sent to you. You should have received an email from AMD on this. 

lordraptor1
Adept I

you are lucky, amd has been jerking me around requesting same pics over and over again and gone so far as to make some false claims.  called again a coulple days ago and tech support suggested i put in a new claim send my pics in claim and see what happens, at this point my first amd purchase is also going to be my last, my cpu went out shortly before christmas and i had to wait til 5 jan to even submit claim because they had their system down for maintenance with NO backup option to submit claim, it is now the 27th and i havent even been able to get my rma out of a review stage.  my cpu only  only 3 months and for teh record was NEVER overclocked, while i have  several intel systems 980x, core 2 quad, core 2 duo as well as some way old pentium d, and pentium 3 systems in storage that wall all still fire up and give me NO trouble but my first amd cpu failed in 3 months.  side note: every pc or laptop i have been asked to look at and fix over teh course of the past 3 years have all been amd based, only time i see an intel unit is when someone wants backup their hard drive to install an ssd.  it is also imprtant to note that teh bbb rating on amd is F, 58% negative on trusted pilot and a slew of complaints on forums for premature failures, overheating, and gpu throttling ( most recents are the slew of 7900xtx throttling but there are lots pertaining to other gpus and amd cpus and apus as well). 

0 Likes