Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

x-from-sg
Journeyman III

AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B / AGESA 1.0.0.4

Hi guys,

I have 2 queries.

1. I am wondering if AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B / AGESA 1.0.0.4 BIOS upgrade from various motherboard makers for the X570, X470, etc series are actually the same patch released by AMD to boost boot time.

2. I am using a Creative Soundblaster AE-7 soundcard which is attached to a PCIe x 1 slot on the x570 board (Asus TUF Gaming Plus x570 with WiFI)  which I have recently upgraded using the latest BIOS with the AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B. What happened is that the soundcard is undetectable after the BIOS update and there is no way for me to roll back / downgrade my BIOS. I read some other forums and noticed that other users are also facing similar issues with their discrete sound cards attached to the PCIe x1 slot. Wondering if AMD will release a new patch to address the issue. Any suggestions to resolve the issue are welcomed too. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
x-from-sg
Journeyman III

Hi all,

Just want to let you guys know that Asus has fixed the issue by releasing the latest v1405 BIOS for the Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus (Wifi) board. The Soundblaster AE-7 is now detected and functioning properly after post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

the new AGESA BIOS is now making its way through the motherboard ecosystem as vendors get their respective machines all checked

the festering bug list still exists

0 Likes
x-from-sg
Journeyman III

Hi all,

Just want to let you guys know that Asus has fixed the issue by releasing the latest v1405 BIOS for the Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus (Wifi) board. The Soundblaster AE-7 is now detected and functioning properly after post.