cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

neuru
Journeyman III

radeon vii cant show 1440p on my 4k screen.

hi everone. 

i have a sapphire radeon vii and a benq 4k 100hz monitor that i use for gaming.

when i had my gtx1060 i could use the monitor at 1440p but after i got the radeon vii i suddenly can't use 1440p anymore.

i works great at 4k gaming but i still want the option to run things at lower res then 4k if i want to.

when i try to change my resolution it will only change to some weird ones that dosn't look good, they are all streched etc.

i use a 1.4 displayport caple.

anyone have the same issue?

0 Likes
3 Replies
khun_doug
Elite

I don't have the problem you are describing, but I do have some ideas. First thing I would check is inside Adrenalin under the Display button. Make sure your display settings are correctly set here. That includes the scaling features. Next, under Gaming -> (The game in question), make sure the options are correct.

As far as the actual resolution, I believe that is something handled inside the game. For example, I have Talos Principle and Forza Horizon 4. Both of those games handle the resolution and refresh rate internally, not something I change at the GPU. The one thing that comes to mind is the graphics interface. Does your game have the choice to switch between DirectX 11, DirectX 12, Vulkan? If so, it appears that AMD has a good Vulkan interface. I know Talos Principle works really well with Vulkan. If no option for Vulkan, then try for DX11 or DX12.

0 Likes

thanks for the answer.
the problem i have isn't just in games, it is in windows in general.
i've been trying to google the issue without finding anything about it. i'm happy for any answer that helps me

0 Likes

So if I understand your setup and situation correctly, your monitor and GPU all work fine when running at native resolution, the 4K setting. But when changing to a lower resolution there is something wrong.

The first thing is to be sure the display is setup correctly in Adrenalin. The Display tab should have GPU Scaling set to On. The Scaling Mode should be Preserve aspect ration. I also have Virtual Super Resolution as On.

Next, in Windows Settings, in Display, the Scale and layout section have settings for the display resolution and the size of text, apps, etc. In Display resolution you should be able to select the lower resolution you want. You can also change the scale. My old eyes prefer 125%, but at a lower resolution I can probably get by with 100%. The combination of settings here should get you where you want to be.

0 Likes