cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

andy3252
Journeyman III

As audio production is not rendered like graphics etc. (it does not use parallel processing) will the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper be a good option?

Hi, I am going to replace my existing i7 based Digital Audio Workstation early next year and I wondered about switching back to AMD based processing with the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors.  I initially changed to i7 as the single core speed was better at the time than any AMD offering.  I have read a lot about the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadrippers but the specs seem to only discuss graphic/video rendering and gaming so I tried to discover information about them for audio production but with little success, most audio workstations seem to be i9's but I would love to come back into the AMD fold again.  Anyone know if these processors will be good for audio production, e.g. large symphonic orchestrations using both VST instruments and audio samplings.

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes
1 Reply
DABRIS
Journeyman III

you weren't kidding about small amount of info I'm trying to do the same and build for audio production but they really don't talk

About how it handles audio, just grafix and gaming

0 Likes