cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dwfii
Adept I

Radeon RX 580 and Skyrim settings

I have an AMD rx 580 running on an i7 Win 10 pro system.

This video card installs its own settings app to the task bar. The gaming section allows you to scan for and set up a setting for games...in this case Oldrim.

Does anyone know what the optimal setting should be?

Skyrim doesn't run correctly on the default settings.

Right now I have the" Radeon Anti-lag" on and "wait for vertical refresh" off except if the application specifies it. Those are the only setting I have changed from the default.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Found this Reddit Thread on this one User Radeon Settings for OldRim.

Found this website the explains S.T.E.P. Guide in Radeon Settings for Skyrim: Guide:Radeon Settings - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki  (At the bottom is actually a Video showing how to configure Radeon Settings for Skyrim):

0 Likes

Thanks.

That video at the end looks like it is very worthwhile but I'm not sure how applicable it is..one or two of the settings on my gaming profile are missing in the video. I mean I don't know but will those setting work with the RX580?

0 Likes

The first link from Reddit the User is using a RX570 for his game settings.

The bottom article with the video should be good for your RX580. But in AMD WATTMAN put the power setting to 50% which helps in that GPU card stability.

Just google "Oldrim Optimized settings" and you will see other websites with more information and ways to configure the game's INI file. I didn't post it because it seems kinda technical in modifying the game's INI file and using MODs. But you were asking about Radeon settings which is why I posted what I did.

Anyway, that is all I know. Maybe someone else has more info to help you configure Radeon Settings for OldRim.

By the way, If you set the Radeon Settings according to the second article, and you have problems, you can start either enabling or disabling settings until you have a stable game. But at least you have something to start with.

Take care and Good Luck!

EDIT: about the missing settings, seems like you need to add special command lines settings to the game's INI file. You can see what needs to be added by googling "Oldrim Optimized Settings"  Those missing settings you can configure in the game itself Settings.ini file.  Plus those settings is for SkyRim itself which might explain why you don't have it in yours. But the articles says it should be valid for OldRim version.

0 Likes

Here is the Official S.T.E.P Guide for SkyRim: STEP:2.10.0 - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki . The above is the STEP guide for Radeon Settings and is used an addition to the above link.

Read the Notes at the top of the article concerning Radeon STEP guide.

0 Likes

Yeah, I got that...I think. I don't know what step is but the video link at the bottom and the details to the left of the red bracket will work fine I think.

The Reddit article is more than I want to get into.

Edit: I see Wattman but how the heck you set it for 50%?

0 Likes