cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nilithium
Journeyman III

Radeon Adrenaline 19.9.2: Dual Graphics not supported?

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • XFX R7 250 2GB DDR3, and a Radeon HD 7750 EYE4 
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop, Inwin H-Frame Mini (Custom Built)
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 (November patch installed) 
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Adrenaline Relive ver. 19.9.2
  • Display Devices
    • Dell 1600x900 60Hz display via DVI (on motherboard), not important to problem
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte F2A88XN-WIFI rev 1.3, BIOS version F6
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD A10-7890K, 
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Integrated 180W PSU
  • RAM
    • Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB (overclocked 2400MHz)

Describe your issue:

•  Was Dual Graphics disabled in a modern version of Radeon Adrenaline? For reference, this system previously ran on a single Kingston SSD that was nearing EOL due to wear, so I swapped it out for two PNY CS900 128GB drives and Raided them in the UEFI shell as a 0 array, and did a fresh install of Windows. I no longer have the older SSD unfortunately, so I don't know what version of AMD software I was running before, but I do know it was a version in the 17s. Anyway, my internal graphics and discrete graphics are detected correctly, and both work as separate devices. They're set up as they should be in Gigabyte's manual (set IGD graphics to Force, VRAM set to 2GB equal to dGPU VRAM, set Preferred output to IGD video), but no option for it appears in the settings menu of the R7 250 or the R7 onboard graphics. Also, if any of you know, does a 7750 make a good substitute for an R7 250E? I would like to use that if possible, is it more closely matches the shader count/core clock of my APU. 
0 Likes
2 Replies

0 Likes

Dual Graphics is based on AMD DX11 Crossfire technology. 
Therefore you should make sure that you only have one primary display output otherwise you will not be able to switch it on.

The primary display output should normally be the discrete graphics card since it is normally the most powerful GPU versus the APU graphics. 

If this is the case then the primary display output should be the "PCIe Device" in BIOS rather than the iGPU graphics.

If you try to turn on Crossfire with a display output lead connected to the primary and secondary GPU in a normal (non-APU) DX11 Crossfire setup, Crossfire will not enable and you may not see the option to enable AMD Crossfire in Radeon Settings depending on the software version.
You can normally only Crossfire AMD GPUs with the same GPU architecture - unless the later generation GPU is a "re-badge". 

So for example I can DX11 Crossfire an R9 Fury X with an R9 Nano and/or an R9 Fury card. They are all Fiji based GPUs.

I cannot DX11 Crossfire an R9 Fury X  with an RX480, since one is Fiji and the other is Polaris.

I need to go now but here are some quick links to the GPUs.

AMD Radeon R7 250 - NotebookCheck.net Tech 
AMD Radeon HD 7750 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

0 Likes