cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

setharus
Journeyman III

ReLive and Rainbow 6

I've recently changed my video card to a 5700XT and have been having nothing but problems with ReLive and Rainbow 6. Unfortunately, I really want ReLive to work so I can capture clips from the games. Here are my specs:

Intel i7-4770K Processor

32GB RAM

Gigabyte 5700 XT

19.11.2 Drivers (similar issues with 19.9.2)

Dual Monitor (1 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI) Dell 27" S2716DG 144Hz 2560 x 1440 and a Vizio TV 32" 1920 x 1080 as secondary.

Here's the issue:

Driver 19.9.2 - When I load Rainbow 6, it loads fine. If I tab out of the game at any point then tab back in, both monitors go black but the game is still running in the background (I can still hear the audio). I have to ALT + Enter to exit full screen and the video comes back, and ALT + Enter a second time to make it full screen again. Most of the time this works, sometimes I have to do it multiple times. Sometimes my whole computer hard locks when doing this process and I have to reboot.

In addition to this, ReLive only works periodically and sometimes the hotkeys don't start it, even though it is turned on and running (I see the red bar in the top left corner of the screen). Other times, it will be running but after a few matches, it will just disappear (but still be enabled). I have to reboot my computer to get it back.

Driver 19.11.2 - Same issues as 19.9.2 but add in the occasional game crash mid-game as well as a Windows blue screen crash when loading the game.

If I disable ReLive, none of this happens and everything works fine including tabbing in/out of the game repeatedly. In game crashes stop, and there are no blue screens on loading.

Any suggestions? I'm getting to the point where I want to throw my GTX 2070 back in because GeForce ShadowPlay never had any of these problems.

0 Likes
0 Replies