cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

menkosar
Journeyman III

ASRock RX590 Crashing system

This is happening with 2 games the 1st bing Pathfinder: Kingmaker and the 2nd The Outer Worlds

The games launch and when they are on the 2nd loading screen logos the system shuts down. Not only that the power button on the case will not restart the system. I physically have to turn the PSU off for 5sec, then back on to reload back into windows.

I have carried out a number of test and I've come to suspect its not hardware. The PSU is a EVGA 750w 80Plus Bronze, way with in the power needed for my system.

CPU Ryzen 5 2600x not overclocked

RX590 Phantom Gaming (ASRock)

Radeon Software 19.11.1

Windows 10 64bit Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

I've run Mem tests all passed, Benchmarks with no issues, temps all normal, no overheating and overclocking.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint: ultra no issues, Borderlands 3: very high no issues, Destiny 2: ultra no issues, Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2: max setting no issues, Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2: max setting no issues, Assassins Creed Odyssey: very high no issues, The Division 1 & 2: Max settings no issues.. I could go on, and I game a fair bit 6+ hours some evenings.

I even logged in to windows safe mode, deinstalled the Radeon driver and software with DDU and switched out the rx590 for a old GTX970 with the latest nvidia drivers. I launch The Outer Worlds and the game runs with no issues in very high settings. Now this game is meant to be a Radeon backed game from what I see via the loading screens.

I load Pathfinder: Kingmaker from steam and yes it loads and I'm able to play with no issues on the GTX970

So there is some software issue here either with the game or the drivers for the RX590. I've emailed Private Division the support team for The Outer Worlds and I'm awaiting a 2nd response from them. As I carried out a test they asked me to perform, which was Windows' Clean Boot mode, I got one loading screen further to the UNREAL Engine, and system crashed.

I can not seem to find anywhere to contact AMD re this issue, so I'm posting here in hopes of a AMD staff member seeing this. This is a major issue and needs to be addressed.

0 Likes
2 Replies
menkosar
Journeyman III

Update, Received a follow up email from Private Division. Its a driver issue with the RX590. They have passed my report up to the the relevant department. So AMD their is a issue with your driver and the RX590 cards

0 Likes
heidegger
Adept I

I've got the same problem!!

0 Likes