AMD Eyefinity three monitors spontaneously turns on when the computer restarts

0 Likes
6 Replies
inspire
Journeyman III

how to disable AMD Eyefinity???

0 Likes

Disable Eyefinity Display Group

If you wish to return the displays to their original layout as configured using Windows Display Settings, use the Disable Eyefinity Display Group option.

To disable the AMD Eyefinity display group, select Disable Eyefinity Display Group and click Apply.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-014#faq-AMD-Eyefinity-Multi-Display-Options 

0 Likes

I do this but it spontaneously turns on after the computer restarts. If two or more monitors are turned on. You have to delete the group again in Radeon Settings.

After the computer restarts, the group of monitors returns. I don’t need this feature at all, I don’t play games or watch videos on these monitors!

0 Likes

Try disabling 'fast startup'. After disabling it, you must reboot your computer...then make the changes/settings and they should/may remain after a restart.

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode 

How to Enable or Disable Fast Startup

Deciding whether to bother with Fast Startup actually takes longer than turning it on or off. First, open up your power options by hitting Windows+X or right-clicking your Start menu and selecting Power Options. In the Power Options window, click “Choose what the power buttons do.”

power options

If this is the first time you’ve messed with these settings, you’ll need click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” to make the Fast Startup option available for configuration.

available options

Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should see “Turn on fast startup (recommended),” along with other shutdown settings. Just use the check box to enable or disable Fast Startup. Save your changes and shut down your system to test it out.

fast startup

If you don’t see the option at all, it means hibernation is not enabled on your machine. In this case, the only shutdown options you’ll see are Sleep and Lock. The quickest way to enable hibernation is to close the power settings window and then hit Windows+X and open Command Prompt (Admin). At the Command Prompt, type the command:

powercfg /hibernate on

After turning hibernate on, run through the steps again and you should see both the Hibernate and Fast Startup options.

0 Likes

my quick start mode was never turned on, only the ultra FAST BOOT BIOS, but I turned it off and on and it did not help.

0 Likes

I have the same problem, I have 4 monitors, if I leave 3 connected, everything is fine.  But if I plug in the 4, which happens to be USB-C connected, and reboot, Eye Infinity turns on.  I have turned on and off Eye Infinity many times, but it keeps turning back on at restart.

0 Likes