kroben

RX580 no signal, but gets Power.

Discussion created by kroben on Nov 9, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 11, 2019 by elstaci

So a year ago i bought a MSI RX580 8GB. It worked fine at first, no problems at all. Then a few weeks later i turned on my pc and my screen was completly f****d up. Red, green and blue stripes everywhere with red, green and blue dots added over time. 

I uninstalled the drivers with DDU, installed them again and everything was fine - until i shutdown and boot up my pc again. same thing happens again. I thought rebooting it a few times might help and i did, kinda. sometimes it worked after 2 reboots, sometimes after 12 reboots. 

I took the card out and replaced it with my old MSI GTX960 2GB. Everything worked and works fine still to this day. I kinda forgot about my RX580 (sounds stupid i know) but today i tried to see if it will work now. Plugged it in and... nothing happens. No signal to the monitor, but the gpu fans were spinning. I tried both HDMI and Display ports aswell as the dvi port. My mouse and Keyboard didnt light up aswell. 

Note that i didnt change anything within my setup in that past year. The only thing changed was the GPU, which worked fine in the first few weeks. 

MoBo: ASRock Z97 Pro 4

CPU: Intel I5-4460

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair CX600

Outcomes