cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

trocens22
Journeyman III

Screen turns black and fans go 100% after turning on benchmark

Hi guys i have problem with my Rx480 8gb MSI version card. Few days ago i wanted to test my platform soo i downloaded few benchmarks. After turning it (i saw start of benchmark then instant black) on both of my screens were black and fans of the card goes smth around 100% (i can't check that cause screen is black and not responding)  . I found a benchmark that tests whole platform and gpu at the end, everything is good until it wants to test graphic card.

My platform:

Rx480 8gb

I5 7500

Vero M1 600W

16gb Ram

H110M Pro-VD

0 Likes
3 Replies

That is indicative of instability, caused by either overheating, or data corruption due to lack of adequate amperage at the required voltages (e.g. faulty PSU).

0 Likes

There is no way that is caused by overheating cause it happens every time even if i justy turn on pc and turn on benchmark 1 min after that. I checked temp before test and it was 45 degrees soo i don't think soo that 0,5 sec of benchmark can overhead card

0 Likes

Your PSU is a garbage pos, have a read of jonnyguru review. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes