AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon RX 580: Why are the majority of my games experiencing constant drops in FPS after the latest driver update?

Question asked by rhearmas on Nov 6, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2019 by prodoctor1987

Greetings! I come here today with a request for an issue I have been having for quite some time now, and since posts that already have been made don't answer my question, I figured that asking this myself would be easier.

The Issue

For the past week or so, after updating the drivers for my HP Omen X's AMD Radeon RX 580, most of my games that I play (Dead by Daylight and Minecraft Java Edition, to name a few) have been experiencing frame issues.

Games including the aforementioned run normally for almost one second, then slows down FPS-wise for a split second, then repeats the process. Certain games such as Roblox, however, do not experience this issue, and behave normally with no flaws.

Debugging

Not many games that I was having issues with were experiencing this, until I went to Minecraft Java Edition. I opened up the FPS debugging menu, and got the results in the image below after letting it go on for about 10 seconds total.

As you can see, the green lines represent the FPS. They are normal for a split second, then constantly go down and back up. This is consistent with the majority of games I play.

Device Information

Software

Radeon Adrenalin 2019, version 19.10.2

Hardware

Windows 10 Home 64x

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

12GB GDDR5 RAM

AMD Radeon RX 580 Chipset, 8192MB Memory

• Driver version: 23.20.15016.15

1266MHz Core Clock Speed

Quick Heads-Up for Respondents

I will always answer your questions to the best of my ability, as long as they are clear enough. Don't hesitate to ask instead of answer! Also, I can provide more specs that I may have missed in this original post, let me know and I'll update the main post with the missing specs.

Outcomes