cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

telly
Adept I

Is Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series incompatible with Windows 10?

Hi,

I bought an ex display Sony Vaio SVE17 full HD 1920x1080, with Windows 10 (64-bit) Home, Intel Core i7 3612QM, RAM 16GB.

It was supposed to have AMD Radeon HD 7650M. But the device manager shows a recent configuration having installed AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series instead.

The following problems have occured:

1. The disc drive will play CDs, but does NOT play DVDs and Blu-Rays (message showing up for Blu-Ray disc saying it needs library for AACS decoding).

2. The fn light adjust keys not working.

Is AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series and incompatibility with Windows 10, the likely cause of these problems? Or is it something else missing? 

Can I just download and install AMD Radeon HD 7650M, to solve the issues?

5 Replies

Yes it is compatible with Windows 10.

No you can not. Laptop graphics update...How to 

Install the latest driver from Intel support....Intel® Driver & Support Assistant 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017 

Using generic drivers from AMD gives you generic names. It's just the identifier that has changed (HD7500M/7600M) if you read closely, you will see the word "SERIES"...that means a SERIES of cards.

Your AMD graphics are old....considered "Legacy"...no more updates. These are the last ones available:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7510m 

Thank you. I see that AMD Radeon HD 7650M works with Windows 10 64-Bit.

May there be a specific reason why AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series (there is no more specific information to be found in the device manager to tell exactly what it is) was installed by the seller in my computor, instead of AMD Radeon HD 7650M?  Does it make much of practical difference in performance between the two, having one or the other, especially considering the problems I mention in my first post?

0 Likes

The seller removing AMD Radeon HD 7650M and installing AMD Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series instead. Is it a cost issue, does one need different hardware than the other?

0 Likes

Download and run GPU-Z...a free program. Select "Lookup" and it will tell you exactly which AMD graphics you have: 

GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility 

connectsvm
Adept I

@kingfish

i get access denied error for link provided

Laptop graphics update...How to 

0 Likes