- Summary of my PC specs are as follows:
- COMPUTER: Personal desktop homemade,
- GPU: ASUS STRIX (AMD RADEON) R9 380X - 4G - GAMING [4GB, installed driver 19.9.2],
- OS: Windows 10 PRO - 64bit,
- MONITOR: AOC G2460 (connected with DisplayPort cable to tower, for enabling free-sync option),
- CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 @3Ghz,
- MoBo: ASRock B250 Pro4,
- PSU: Thermaltake Smart DPS G 700W,
- RAM: 8GB.
- For the last year i am encountering sudden black screens, along with a nasty/weird continuous buzzing sound coming out from the speakers. In very rare cases, i also get only black screens. In the 1st case, everything is freezing, while in the 2nd case pc stays open and if a song playlist is playing during the time, it still keeps on playing. In both cases, i cannot do anything (no response to ctrl-alt-tab), and only solution is to manually shut down the pc. This happens at least 2-3 times/day, usually when i am browsing the internet or watching youtube videos/music or searching through personal files. When i am playing games (dota2), it rarely happens.
- All drivers are up to date 100%. Temperatures are fine also, as you can see in the attached picture.
- There are a ton of topics on google talking about this kind of problem with AMD R9 series, but noone has given a definite solution.
- Approx. 10 days ago i began an RMA procedure through the local support in Greece, and my GPU was eventually sent to Asus Czech Service s.r.o. in Czech Republic. Within 1 week i received my card back, along with a factory report stating that GPU passed successfully all functional tests made by the quality engineer, no problem was found, and no parts were replaced.
- Since i needed my pc to work during the awaiting period, i installed an old GPU of mine (NVIDIA 8800 GTS, model of 2007). I used it for approx. 8 days and i had zero problems. No more black screen or buzzing sound again.
- So today on 2nd November 2019, i removed the old card and installed again the ASUS GPU. After 3 hours, while i was listening to music on youtube, again black screen accompanied by the weird sound.
- This has started to become really frustrating. Factory was very cooperative, but eventually didn't provide a solution, and all relevant internet topics remain open / unresolved.
Can someone help me out ?! I am really frustrated.
I found a video of a guy, showing the problem of his pc. I have exactly the same one. Here it is: