Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anon7mous
Journeyman III

Random black screens with 5700XT

Problem:
Random black screen while playing Dota. AMD Drivers crash.
What I've tried:
Reinstalling windows
Reinstalling drivers
Stress testing CPU, GPU and memory

My system: (Brand new):
Monitor: Acer Nitro XV272UP
Motherboard: Asus TUF x570 plus with Wi Fi updated to newest bios 1.2
CPU: Ryzen 3700X
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT (19.9.2 - Recommended version)
PSU: Corsair RMx 650 W
Windows 10 (up to date)

Event Viewer:
image.png.ffd75e4e1f96f4ed8017c0bc7c18c348.png

What can I do to improve my stability? Should I download the nest "non recommended" AMD drivers? Are other people still having problems with 5700 XT?
10 Replies
fujiyama-95
Challenger

this is a driver issue and we must wait for AMD to fix it. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please try uninstalling your current driver and updating to the latest available here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

0 Likes

Hi, it's been 3 months since launch day, various updates have been released but, some people still run into issues even with the latest drivers, while for some even with older drivers, they claimed that their cards have been stable without any issues. Don't you think it's time to talk about what exactly happened with 5700 series driver? just like what AMD did previously with Zen 2 boost clock issues, so that consumers at least have an understanding about the issues. Because IIRC I never heard any statement from AMD regarding this issues.

I already tried that. It didn't work. I also tried checking my SSD with SMART and it was fine. PSU is also fine. I strongly believe it is ether a faulty card or bad drivers.

0 Likes
overproof876
Adept I

Same here, with a Gigabyte Gaming OC

ischyro
Adept II

What year and date is it already? FYI: AMD HAS NOT FIXED THE BLACK SCREEN ISSUES!

0 Likes
drkeys143
Journeyman III

Yes, I also am having issues with AMD Radeon drivers, and GPU crashing the PC, have tried all the fixes I have seen suggested, and none have worked. I am bitterly disappointed with this apparent total lack of care from AMD - I build a PC every couple of years, and have always used Intel and nVidia, this time, on advice of a friend, I switched to AMD chip and Radeon GPU, and boy have I regretted that decision, I've had nothing but trouble with graphics crashes. Even trying to register for this site took 12 attempts, due to the difficulty reading the captchas they use. I'm now selling this junk and going back to Intel/nVidia, but it is such a shame that they have allowed this problem to go on for this length of time, I am seeing posts on this issue from October/November last year, I woulkd have thought AMD would have taken it more seriously. Never mind, I guess there is a reason they are a cheaper alternative

0 Likes
vinesworth
Journeyman III

I've experienced display instability with RX 5600 XT (which is reported to have similar problems). My display (a 4K one) was connected via HDMI, and since I switched to DisplayPort not a single glitch has occurred. Hope it might help someone else.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

I have this problem too, black screen and freeze issue. Many people said it's caused by PSU. Did you already try to change PSU?

0 Likes
jei
Adept I

I had blackscreen and bluescreen problems with Ryzen 3400G. Now my computer is ok, after six months. I changed BIOS settings. CPU frequency and voltage, frequency mhz, cpu voltage, dram voltage and dram frequency ->auto to manual all settings. https://community.amd.com/thread/247001 

0 Likes