Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sanyo5
Journeyman III

RX 5700 Video TDR Failure

Let's start with my rig:

Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING mobo

32GB Hyperyx Predator ram (3200mhz used at 3000mhz.)

Ryzen 7 2700x

Sapphire RX 5700

FSP Hyper 700

So I have a problem. My Gigabyte Vega 56 died and I turned back my PC (which was not a half year old) to the company, that built it, for warranty service. I got it replaced with the RX 5700. I uninstalled the old drivers and installed the correct ones for my new GPU. After some time the random freezing and rebooting started. After analyzing the minidump it turned out to be a Vide TDR Failure 116. (No BSOD just freeze and restart) I turned back my PC again after updating bios, chipset, drivers. Unfortunately the company closed and I got my PC back, with a fresh install of Windows 10. After that they ran some benchmarks and tests but not faced with the problem. However after installing Directx service at home, it started again. Tried different drivers no success. BlueScreenView says the following services caused it:atikmpag.sys dxgkrnl.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. Everything was working correctly with my Vega. Any help would be appreciated. 

++ BFG-VEGA Gamer PC | Laptopszalon.hu  This is the original build, but they changed the ram to a one, which is not supported by my mobo. Memtested is multipletimes, always passed with no errors.

UPDATE: My internet card (Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller) after some times disconnects from ethernet and reconnects. Not always, but when this happens, the PC freezes and restarts. Also when waking up from sleep, it reconnects to network, it happnes too. Does it have anything to do with it?

UPDATE 2: Now I'm pretty sure, that my internet card causing this issue. Any help would be appreciated!

AND UPDATE 3: I think it's with the graphics drivers. With 1.7.4 it only crashes, when connecting to or disconnecting from Internet (not always) and waking from sleep. With new, fresh drivers there are also random crashes and always crashes when (dis)connecting. I hope it's fixable.

0 Likes
3 Replies
sanyo5
Journeyman III

0 Likes
shawntyq
Adept I

why not just run some benchmarks without internet card? shouldnt that isolate if that was the main issue? 

0 Likes

Already did that, works perfectly. Without graphics driver the LAN card causes no crashes.

0 Likes