cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

iamcorrupt
Journeyman III

amd rewards pvt does not detect my cpu?

So I bought a 3900x got my system built found my coupon code and was promptly met with a bunch of hoops to jump through to get my promo codes, but the software to detect the hardware doesn't pick up the cpu as a valid item. I put in a ticket on friday I believe but have heard nothing back thus far. any tips?

0 Likes
1 Solution
sionnach
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, but with a Ryzen 7 3700X. Received today the code from the retailer, and when I try to validate in AMD PVT software it returns an error stating that the hardware wasn't detected etc. I also have read the thread that elstaci posted here, and at least from the retailer the code is for the correct promotion. Also opened a support ticket on AMD Rewards site, waiting for a reply.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Put in a  support request on the amdrewards site, there is no support on this site.

All info is on FAQ and T&C on amdrewards site.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Another User had the same issue with his Ryzen 3xxx. The PVT wouldn't recognize his CPU Processor because the Coupon code was for a different Ryzen Processor: AMD product verification not detecting Ryzen 3800x 

As noted previously, contact AMD Rewards Support and open a ticket and verify that the coupon code you have is for the particular Ryzen processor.

0 Likes
sionnach
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, but with a Ryzen 7 3700X. Received today the code from the retailer, and when I try to validate in AMD PVT software it returns an error stating that the hardware wasn't detected etc. I also have read the thread that elstaci posted here, and at least from the retailer the code is for the correct promotion. Also opened a support ticket on AMD Rewards site, waiting for a reply.

[Update]

The first contact from AMD Rewards support was a not-so-helpful generic-like answer: "The detected hardware does not qualify for the promotion associated with this coupon code. If you received the wrong coupon code for your hardware purchase, please contact your retailer to obtain the correct one". I asked then for what hardware is this coupon valid, so I can check if I received the "wrong coupon code". In the meantime, I contacted the retailer reporting the issue. According to them, other clients were facing the same issue, and the store was contacting the AMD for further support.

I received other coupon code from the retailer, and fortunately it worked perfectly. I suspect that the problem is the same (or very similar) as the reported one from the 3800x thread. I guess that the keys valid for 3700X are not valid for the other processors in the same promotion tier and vice-versa (i.e. each processor has its own code).

I would like to thank the AMD Community for the information provided and hope that the OP has already solved the problem too!

This ended up being my issue, brought it up with memoryexpress.com and sure enough my code was for 3700x and below.

iamcorrupt wrote:

This ended up being my issue, brought it up with memoryexpress.com and sure enough my code was for 3700x and below.

Thanks for fingering who sent the wrong rewards code

0 Likes

I got a code from NewEgg immediately for my R5 2400G back when I bought it. After I installed it the rewards app noticed my CPU properly and my code from NewEgg was good.

I do not know how organized other vendors are as I have no experience with them.

0 Likes