Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

s0mnam
Adept I

[Fixed] RX 5700 XT no fan spin post BIOS

Hey all,

I recently acquired the Sapphire Nitro+ as my new GPU and after installing the Radeon Pro Software I noticed there was no fan spin whatsoever.

The only fan spin I get is when booting up and not even MSI Afterburner gets them spinning - plus Radeon Pro is not getting any data from the card in the fan setup screen.

I've had several bluescreens and the only thing possible without creating a fire hazard is video playback.

Performance seems to be about 50% of what my 1060 6Gb managed in CS:GO, haven't dared to test anything else after realizing.

My suspicion is that I am running into power draw issues, but this doesn't quite explain the no-readout problem.

Additionaly, opening an .mp4 file results in an instant bluescreen.

Setup:

Windows 10

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock)

2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

*Corsair CX 550M*

0 Likes
2 Replies

Time for a new PSU, read Sapphire suggested/recommended spec.

And why are you running Pro software on the card. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Fixed, seemed to be either a driver problem or the card nopt connecting to the PCIE slot properly although being all the way in there, perhaps sag. Either could have caused my problem stated above.

The Sapphire suggestion on their site is not all that helpful as they don't specify efficiency or whatever there. It works now and the performance is on par with results from other sources.

0 Likes