cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RX 480 Glitching After Playing Any Game

I have an XFX RS RX 480 8GB. I bought it on Black Friday in 2016? Anyway. I recently built a new computer using this graphics card. It ran fine on my old workstation on Windows 7. My current build is this card, Ryzen 1600, 32GB DDR4 G.Skill memory. an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, and a 600W EVGA PSU.

Cooling isn't an issue. I have done driver sweep and reinstalled fresh drivers. Updated drivers etc. and nothing.

This issue happens after I quit whatever game I play (doesn't matter the if its a DX9, 10, 11, 12 or Vulkan), my computer does this until I either reboot or turn off 2 of my 3 monitors and turn them back on.

My 3 monitors are Dell D2719HGF. All connected via display port. All running at 144hz. All freesync enabled both on the monitors and on the driver side. Really annoying issue. Has anyone experienced this or have any recommended solutions?

Also have random issues when launching or quitting games one of my monitors will say "Out of Range" until I power cycle 1-2 of them and then they will show picture again. If anyone can help out there too that would be awesome.

2 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You should report this problem to AMD.
Annotation 2019-10-24 141945.png

0 Likes

Fixed the out of range issue by turning off the enhanced resolution feature that increases res past monitor capabilities. 

However the random artifacting on the desktop is still present. On the new latest AMD drivers. The issue can be resolved by turning off any 1 of my 3 monitors. But running all 3 and i get the problem and it only occurs after I quit a game... Games run great. 

0 Likes