Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

swellsmoran
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600 won't boot on B450 with BIOS update

Hi,
I have a new Ryzen 3600 and B450 motherboard, which when I received them would not POST and produced a steady VRAM light. I confirmed with AMD support that this was due to a BIOS update needed by the B450 to support the 3600, so I got an Athlon boot kit via AMD. The Athlon processor POST succeeded and I updated my BIOS to F40, which is the manufacturer-recommended version to run a Ryzen 3600. But when I put the 3600 back in the socket, I still get a steady VRAM light and no POST. I have tried moving the RAM to each socket and running without RAM, but the result is the same (and I doubt that's the problem since the Athlon works fine). Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
swellsmoran
Journeyman III

For clarification, this is an Aorus B450 Wifi Pro motherboard

0 Likes

Have you tried updating your CHIP Set (19.10.16 - 07/05/2019) and BIOS (F42f - 10/18/2019) Versions to the latest?

When you updated the BIOS version to F40 did you follow the critical instructions on the NOTES: section:

Is your RAM MEMORY listed for your motherboard's QVL List from here: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

0 Likes