cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_furball
Adept I

PC rebooting after driver installation.

I've built a machine with everything new except the PSU. Ryzen 3 2200G, AB350M DS3H, one hyperx stick of ram, 2400Mhz hx424c15fb2 and a corsair vx550. The pc works fine when installing a handful of apps, but everytime I install the video driver for the vega 8, it starts a reboot loop in windows safe mode. The only thing that fixed was when I wnet back to a restore point I created. Cmd didn't fix. I tried other windows 10 ISO, but didn't fix it either. Not to metion that I needed to format a number of times. In one of the formats, in cmd, it showed the following error: system32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt. The fix with bootrec didn't help. I also tried going by ''cd c: system32 config'' but it said ''path not found''. The pc is working now. Like I said, we installed various softwares, such as steam, winrar, realtek audio, office, but we didn't install the driver yet again. I tested half life 2, which I know it should run fine, and got, like, 10fps in the intro cutscene. Now I don't know if that is because APUs are different from GPUs and absolutely need a driver to run a game (because GPUs can run decently some games even without graphic drivers) or if this shows faulty hardware.

Thank you for any help, in advance.

0 Replies