Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fooicus
Journeyman III

Radeon Rx 570 8gb Armor OC crashing

Hi there,

I have recently purchased the above in order to update my admittedly aged gaming rig. When it arrived from the vendor there were no seals and only 1 fan sticker...I do suspect that they may have sent me a faulty card but I want to exhaust all my options. 

Initially I was getting crashes on borderlands 3, this was not at all surprising to me given the instability of the game, however, even after trying multiple fixes the Radeon was still much more unstable than my old card, crashing after only a few minutes of gaming. However, the problem persists on an older game, Doom too, which also crashes after only a few minutes of play.

Games crash to desktop and bring up their respecting crash report error messages, I'm not getting BSOD's.

I am going to persevere with other games and options but I suspect I have tried everything to fix the issue. I'm hoping you might be able to offer some support as I do wish to ensure I have tried everything before exhausting all avenues.

I have tried the following already:

-Playing quite extensively with the graphics settings (it should be noted that all games run happily at 60fps, capped to my monitor refresh rate)
-Ran stress tests to ensure thermals aren't the issue (they aren't)

-Upgraded to the newest optional driver

-Used a DDU, then installed 19.9.2

-I am about to use a DDU again to rollback the driver version, though I don't hold much hope

Info:

Desktop
Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz 51 °C, Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1066MHz (9-11-11-31)
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-A (SOCKET 1150) 36 °C
Graphics -DELL U2414H (1920x1080@59Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (MSI) 54 °C
Storage - 111GB Corsair Force LS SSD (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA ) 38 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 29 °C

Optical Drives -  TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB

Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

PSU - Corsair CX600M 600W  80plus bronze

Current Driver - Adrenalin 2019, 19.19.2

Any help appreciated and I am of course happy to supply further info

Regards

Simon

0 Likes
1 Reply
fooicus
Journeyman III

I know a moderator still hasn't had the opportunity to review this but...when trying to rollback the driver the graphics card decided it didn't want to display any output to the monitor in anything but safe mode

0 Likes