cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

korzychxp
Adept II

Ryzen 3600X only 3.6Ghz Base Clock

I don't know what to do with this. I have MSI B450 A-Pro and latest bios (24/09/2019) - abba. My CPU is working default only with 3600Mhz and with PBO enabled 3775Mhz (+150Mhz). I cleared CMOS many times and nothing helps. In games i have situation that one core have 3400Mhz, other 3600, and other 4300Mhz. Performance is poor.

I had earlier Ryzen 2600X and it would boost to 4050Mhz without PBO and 4175Mhz with PBO or something like this (over 4000Mhz).

At now with PBO + XFR + limits up to 200Mhz my cpu can't reach base clock.

When i use Ryzen Master for stress test my 3600X is achieving 4175-4200Mhz boost on all cores on 1.46V.

0 Likes
7 Replies
korzychxp
Adept II

up

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Check that Core Performance Boost is enabled in bios.

0 Likes

Of course. On default it is on "Auto". When we disable it CPU stays at 3600Mhz all the time. Why not 3800 like X has base clock?

0 Likes

Try setting it to Enabled.

0 Likes
herons2
Journeyman III

I have Ryzen 3600(no x) I'm also suffering from the same problem.  
B450 TUF PRO Asus. 

0 Likes
mrshizzle
Journeyman III

I have the same issue.  I previously had a 3600 non X in my system and replaced it with an X version.  My bios shows 3.8ghz base clock but windows stays at 3.6.  I don't have any problems with my boost clock as I can reach 4.4 on 4 cores and 3.75 on 2 cores.  The problem is like the original poster's with a cpu that should have a base clock of 3.8 and it's only 3.6.  I have submitted a ticket previously and the response was 'it looks like you're boosting fine so just run it and it will be fine."  That is really a crappy answer as it didn't answer my base clock question.  I tried to reply and make another ticket but they didn't even respond.  I guess I wanted to know if I could delete a registry key or something to reset it for windows or if there was another method I could try.  The original poster didn't mention if his bios showed 3.8 or 3.6?  In my case the bios showed correct and it's just windows.

0 Likes
korzychxp
Adept II

I sold this 3600X because even PBO don't work on it (4400Mhz were max). I have Ryzen 3600 now nonX and with PBO max it can boost to 4400Mhz like X version and has same boost base clock.

Don't know why even bothering buying 3600X.

0 Likes