My Monitor shows no signal on every boot and reboot

Hello I need help, 

My pc spec is CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G

Motherboard: Asus Ex a320m Gaming

Ram: Ramsta 4*2gb 2666hz

M.2 SSD: Transcend 120GB

HDD: Segate 500gb

My PSU is 200W

The problem lies on the monitor, I have a acer e1600q which only has a VGA input. So I bought a converter. The converter works but if I shut down or restart the PC, the monitor shows 'No Signal' but the windows boots and have to unplug the cable to get the monitor working. Even I tested the converter on another laptop and it works fine. I have done bios resitting and reinstalling the drivers. But didn't work . If I disable the driver, the pc boots without any problem. But i reinstall the driver, the problem happens. Sorry for my bad English.

0 Likes
3 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Please expand on your video hardware, including if you are using graphics from the CPU/motherboard or by way of discrete adapter like a add-on graphics card--and which cable/adapter you are using. Telling us which operating system is currently installed on the computer is also helpful.

In general, I suggest avoiding adapters where possible--especially those that convert an older standard into an newer one. In this case you have likely a HD signal going into the VGA, which should work, but you can still experience issues on some older displays.

0 Likes

To add, When you are converting a HDML or DP or DVI-D to VGA you must have a "ACTIVE" HDML/DP/DVI-d - VGA adapter. 

If you do have an Active VGA adapter then ignore the above suggestion.

Could also just be your monitor is the problem. Have you tried a different monitor to see if the same thing occurs or tried the monitor you have now on a different computer?

Check to see if Acer has any Monitor drivers for your Windows version you have installed.

0 Likes
amelia9
Journeyman III

If your motherboard has an onboard graphics card you might want to try unplugging your PCI-E graphics card and plugging a monitor into the onboard graphics card. This will verify whether or not it is your PCI-E graphics card that is faulty or not login to upsers.

0 Likes