cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

udk
Journeyman III

asus fx705du ryzen 3750h trottling

I have a laptop asus fx705du with ryzen 3750h. In evaluating tasks (games, virtual mashine), the laptop heats up very much, and in games it's always throttling !!! I already contacted the service center and my motherboard was replaced there, but it did not save me from problems with throttling.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Need to find out why your laptop is overheating causing the Processor to throttle.

Make sure your laptop vents are clear and clean and your laptop exhaust fan(s) are working properly.

This Tech website gives several tips on how to keep your Laptop cooler: How to Cool Down an Overheating Laptop :

Ways to Cool Off an Overheating Laptop

1. Shut Down the Computer

More often than not, overheating laptops are the result of running too many programs at the same time. If you suspect that your laptop is beginning to get too hot, save your work, close all of the programs running and shut it down.

Leave it off for a few minutes so it has time to cool down. If it begins overheating again, you may have to move to the methods detailed below.

2. Clean Out the Vents

You probably set your laptop down on all sorts of surfaces when you use it—desks, tables, couches and more. Over time, dust is sure to gather in your laptop’s vents, hindering ventilation and trapping heat.

The easiest way to fix this is to clean out the vents using a can of compressed air. Depending on the model of your laptop, you may not even have to open it.

laptop overheating vents

3. Use a Laptop Cooling Pad

Laptop cooling pads are simply platforms you place your laptop on top of to cool down. They typically have fans that blow on the bottom of your laptop to keep its temperature within a safe range.

Laptop Mag tested 12 of the best-selling laptop coolers and ranked them. Most cost between $10 and $40.

4. Only Place it on a Hard, Flat Surface

Soft surfaces like your lap can restrict airflow from your laptop’s vents. By placing it on hard, flat surfaces, you can expect proper ventilation and less heat as a result.

5. Add More RAM

Random Access Memory (RAM), is the physical hardware inside of a computer that temporarily stores data for quick retrieval.

As your laptop approaches its RAM limit, it may begin to overheat. Buying more RAM should not only keep your laptop cool, but fix other performance issues as well.

These five tips should be enough to stop an overheating laptop from doing too much damage. Remember, if your laptop is several years old and keeps overheating, you may just need to simply buy a new one.

0 Likes

I recently took it from a service center, so the fans should be like new. I have already added RAM 8GB. And looking at the monitoring, I noticed a pattern that he heats up from constant power surges

0 Likes