Question asked by hadesflames on Oct 14, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2019 by hardcoregames™

Recently built a new PC with specs:

Asus ROG VIII Crosshair Formula - 1.0.0.3 ABBA bios

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200 speed

AMD Ryzen R9 3900X

2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB - RAID 0 configuration

MSI NVidia 760 Graphics card - Details unknown

The reason for the random graphics card was I borrowed one from a friend while waiting for the card I wanted to come in stock. With the above configuration, everything was working just fine.

Now a week or so ago, I finally got my PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT. So I downloaded DDU, rebooted into safe mode, then ran DDU to remove NVidia drivers completely. (not reinstall, remove and shut down option) Then swapped in the new card, booted back into windows and installed adrenaline. At first I used auto detect option and got 19.10.1 as a result. This is when issues began. I've since uninstalled Adrenaline and manually installed 19.9.2 however issues persist.

The main issue is that since swapping graphics (and this could be coincidental) Windows has become significantly less responsive. It takes ages for Firefox to load for example despite having low resource usage. When it finally does open, it hangs, takes for ever to type, load a page etc. When I'm on a page hovering over a link/button for example is unresponsive and clicking takes a while. If I try to force things it will lock up and show the usual "Not Responding" layover on the window. This happens for many other applications as well, not just Firefox. My primary web browser is Brave (Chromium fork) and while this application loads up and I can use it relatively normally, if I do anything that involves downloading or uploading on it, that is noticeably slower. Another example is if I right click on things on my taskbar, certain apps don't produce a context menu at all or take extremely long to produce it, while others produce their context menu just fine. I don't really know what the pattern is for which apps work better than others but just for example, if I right click on Logitech Gaming Software I get the context menu right away. If I right click on Corsair iCUE it doesn't.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Outcomes