AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Vega 56 System Freezing

Question asked by rskpz on Oct 14, 2019

Hello everybody,

(sorry for my english, if you don't understand something I'll try to explain it differently)

I bought that new Vega 56 Airboost recently and i'm experimenting some issues. I am kind of lost and my brain is overheating because of all the time I spent trying to fix the problem. It would be nice if you could help me.

So the problem is simple : my screen/system freeze, usually with a buzzing sound, only while playing games +/- 30-45minutes (I can't move the mouse or do anything) after running any kind of game, never while browsing or watching videos. I have to push the start button of my pc to shut it down and so restart it.

What I tried : -At least 6 different drivers, always unninstalling with DDU before trying to install an other one.

-Clean install of windows, keeping my files + Fully reinstalling windows with all the files erased.

-Tried the default drivers from Windows.

-Bought a new psu, I had a 650w and now it is 850w : it's a modular one , with 2 different pcie cables

- Launched memtest86 passing all the tests with no error founds.

- Checked on the "event observer " on Windows 10 to see if there is any error (the only one found is about kernel but I've read on a lot of posts that it is normal , it happens when I restart the system when pushing the button of my pc)

-Disabled any kind of economy of energy of all of my hardwares + disabled the " fast startup " option

-Running the system with 0 antivirus and even disabling windows defender just in case...

-Installing all the latest drivers even the Bios one

-Tried the stock wattman setup , the OC + undervolt with power saving set to +50% and at 0% too, the auto unvervolt and auto turbo mode.

-Disabled audio drivers, only kept one to have some sound

-Checked on CPU (i5 4590) and GPU Temperatures (that are normal)

-Tried the vega 64 Bios on the second port of the GPU

And I tried even more, I just wrote the facts that are not long to write.

Some more informations : -Before the AMD vega 56 Airboost, I was using a gtx 1050ti without any problem (I've DDU-ed all the N-vidia drivers)

-1 Day I could play more than 6 hours without the system freezing, I tought it was fixed, the day after it happened again...30-45min after running a game everytime.

If you can help me it would be much appreciated, like , a lot.

Outcomes