cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

itstheyoshi
Adept I

RX 5700 XT Low Clock and Other Issues

So I am having an odd issues with my RX 5700 XT. First, while playing Overwatch the first game or two of the day everything is fine the game runs locked at 140FPS(I use FRTC to lock FPS) with the GPU hitting a max Clock of 1600Mhz to keep the 140FPS, during the game after Overwatch will run below 140FPS(Same map and everything) and the GPU will sit around 1000-1300Mhz or lower, I go into 3dmark or Forza Horizon 4 and the GPU will boost up to 2000Mhz no problem. Second, had two points where all of Windows lock up, go black and come back with minor artifacting. First time happened when I was watching a YouTube video with hardware acceleration and creating a note in onenote. Second time was when I was playing Overwatch, the GPU was running lower Clocks at the time. Final, stuttering issues with some hardware accelerated video viewing.

I just recently switched to this GPU from a RX 580 which had none of these issues, before switching I DDU'd the drivers and I have also done this again to see if I was a faulty install since doing this the First and Final issues are still happening but have not had the Second issue since. I am going to attempt other drivers as I have had similar issues with my 580 in the past. Any suggestions would be great!

GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC

Driver: 19.10.1

CPU: AMD R7 2700X @ Stock

MOBO: Asus X470 Prime

RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill 3000Mhz

PSU: Evga G+ 650w gold

Displays: 1080p 144hz Freesync & 1080p60 Second display

0 Likes
3 Replies
bannerlord5
Journeyman III

Yeah... I'Ve the same issue.. Sounds like its driver problem or something else dunno.. Tried most of the drivers but didnt work. Hope, amd can resolve our issue.. I'll wait like 10 days.. If its not fixed i'll go for the rtx 2070 super. Which is very stable.. 

0 Likes

I have dug into this further and found some stuff out. My main issue with Overwatch is due to my frame cap and the drivers not knowing what to do so they fluctuate way to low at random times and just stay there until you restart the game. The only thing you can do is run full uncapped and have freesync or else you will get stutters. This issue has been going on since launch so I don't think it will be fixed any time soon.

0 Likes

Having the same youtube stuttering issue with ASUS TUF 5700XT

0 Likes