cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jmarsala1073
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT drivers will not install crashes/reboots

Hello I just bought a AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT card and I can not for the life of me install the drivers.  The computer just reboots detecting the card and nothing is installed.  Try again and it thinks the drivers are installed and just hangs then reboots again.  I have tried both the Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.8.1-Aug20 and Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.10.1-Oct7 driver packages.  So I have this brand new card and I am ready to just return it since sure it boots but it just loads the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.  I tried the AMD Cleanup Utility from the install package and it locks and reboots as well.  I have an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MB with the latest BIOS, and AMD Ryzen 9 3900x processor and 32 GB of Corsair Vengence Pro 3600 Ram and a Corsair 850 Watt PSU.  All clocked to stock speeds right now.  I am at a loss as I have been checking and rechecking and taking apart and putting back together this PC for the last 4 hours.  I hate to say it but I am about to bring it back and get an NVidia card instead, this is supposed to be replacing it but I guess you should stay with what works.  All NVidia software was removed before the card was installed. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
hiromasa
Journeyman III

You need to completely erase NVIDIA information using "DDU".

1. Set “First boot” to OFF in the BIOS.
2. Start in "safe mode".
3. Use "DDU" to completely remove the NVIDIA driver and reboot.
4. Custom install the radeon driver. (Select all)

0 Likes
jmarsala1073
Journeyman III

I did DDU to remove not only any left over NVidia stuff but also the failed AMD drivers and nothing still locked up installing and rebooted.  I took the card back and swapped for an Nvidia RTX 2060.  It was plug and play and just needed to install GeForce Experience and I was up and running within 15 minutes time.  I did not have to keep opening the case up and checking anything or reboot 20 times.  Oh well maybe someday AMD will get their crap together and I will try again.  Sad because I really wanted it to work.

0 Likes