Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lageri1961
Adept I

Ram causing BSOD after bios 5220 update on X470-F

Hello forum.

I have had a setup with D.S.O.P turned on and working fine, with corsair 3000mhz ram, but efter the bios update, i get bsod, and it never comes at the same time, can be at startup or minutes later or even in a game, then i go to auto setup and the ram goes to 2133mhz, which all ram do, iv'e heard. So i have ram that are tuned to run at 3000mhz but the system will only run at 2133mhz ,if i do not want bsod. And to revert a bios update is not possible, iv'e learned, so what to do? Wait for AMD to generate a new working bios or is all lost ? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Asus Support is where you need to ask since they are the ones the creates the Motherboard BIOS/UEFI.

Thanks for the answer, i knew that, been on their site, so this was my last option. But again, thks  for the answer

0 Likes

No problem, you forgot to mention that in your original post.

What did Asus Support recommend?

I know that on certain occasions Motherboard Support sends a User a BETA BIOS to try out and see if it fixes whatever issues they are having. 

But your issues does seem to be BIOS related in which case AMD has no control over it unless AMD sends out some new information to be added to the companies that create Motherboard BIOSes to the Motherboard Manufacturers.

Have you by any chance googled and see if the problems you are having with RAM Memory modules are common or not?  If it is common, then I am sure that AMD or Asus will come up with a fix in its next BIOS update to the BIOS Companies.

Have you tried contacting AMD Support via Online AMD SERVICE REQUEST from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

That is one way for AMD to know or be aware about the BIOS issue you are having.

No, not yet, i am still waiting for a replay from ASUS servicer center, and when i get it, i will tell you what they answered. If the answer is not satisfactory, i will try your suggestion.

I googled it , and it seems that some have issues after the 5220 update.

Hey again.

Not much help from ASUS , they suggested testing my ram, which i already did, so i tried removing 16 gb of ram and now running with 16 gb, instead of 32 gb, and with the DSOP  on, and been gaming for 4 hours without any problems, so i guess i'll settle with this setup, as it works fine, until i figure out a solution later.

Thks for your help.

0 Likes

Check your motherboard's QVL List and see if your RAM MEMORY is listed for the processor you have installed.

The QVL List will show if your motherboard is compatible with 2 or 4 RAM Modules installed.  It is possible the RAM MEMORY you have may not be compatible with 4 Memory slots occupied but compatible with 2 Memory slots occupied.

I looked at QVL before I bought the motherboard, to get functioning ram, but upon your request I looked again, and found that my ram were still on the list... But then I realized that there was something missing to right on the QVL page, and turning my phone sideways, surely, there it was, ment to be used in 2 dimm slots.

Still don't get why the 32gb worked fine up and until the bios update. But problem solved, so thank you so much for your help. 

Kind regards

Henrik. 

That is something that Asus Support might be able to answer.

Glad you were able to find out the what was causing your problem.

Take care!

0 Likes