cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

supratip
Adept I

Cooler Master Hyper H410R with AMD A8-6600K

I have AMD A8-6600K with Gigabyte GA F2A58M-DS2 motherboard with FM2/FM2+ socket. I want to buy a CPU cooler "Cooler Master Hyper H410R". Can this cooler fit into my socket in place of original heatsink? And if it does I need to know how it performs. When I play recent games with 4.2 Ghz(overclocked, original : 3.9 Ghz) the temperature rises upto 80 C and sometimes system shuts down or restarts. How much the temperature could be after installing?

7 Replies

Here is Cooler Master Chart showing all their CoolerMaster CPU Coolers and Socket they support and what TDP Processors they can be used: https://landing.coolermaster.com/pages/tdp-and-socket-compatibility/ 

According to CPU World on your APU: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-A8-Series%20A8-6600K%20-%20AD660KWOA44HL.html 

I would suggest a stronger CPU Cooler for your APU since the maximum TDP for both (APU and CPU Cooler) are 100 watts. I myself have a HYPER 212 EVO works great with my FX8350 (TDP 125 Watts).

The Hyper 212 EVO costs around 30-40 dollars Retail and will fit in your Motherboard. The Hyper H410R will also fit on your motherboard.

0 Likes

The Corsair H115i is nice if there is enough room

0 Likes

Really it is?

0 Likes

The H115i can handle 300W thermal loads easily.

0 Likes

So you have this cooler too?

0 Likes
leyvin
Miniboss

Have you tried replacing the Thermal Paste?

You should be doing this ideally every 6-18 months depending on how much Demand you put on a Processor...

For example just running it Stock and doing nothing but Normal Desktop stuff with < 7hrs of Gaming a Week; you should be looking at 12-18 months replacement., but if you're playing more and "Overclocking" then you're going to want to ensure you keep on top of replacing it as often as possible; along with removing all excess dust.

More often than not, just doing said regular maintenance will bring System Temperatures back to something more reasonable. 

Now as for how well the H410i Performs., it's "OK" but won't really offer much over the Packaged AMD Cooler (which is rated for 95w) … although it'll do that keeping quite High Temperatures (75c typically) and fairly loud.

It's likely the H410i will probably reduce that to maybe 70c., but the Hyper 212 EVO even in Single Fan Configuration (which as a note I have one in Dual Fan Configuration on an A10 7890K overclocked to 4.8GHz Core / 950MHz GPU, maintaining 62c) should easily keep an A8 6600K at < 65c near silent. 

What makes them good., is their Vapour Chamber and Copper Heat Pipes (without any "Stylistic" Nickle Plating that somewhat lowers efficiency) 

All CoolerMaster Coolers come with an Adjustable Bracket., which supports everything except AM4/TR4 Sockets; for those you'll have to send off for an kit; that used to be free but no idea today.

Still, as I initially said; just replace the Thermal Paste (Kryonaut is good) and clean out all the Dust., it'll almost certainly be enough. At this point I'd recommend looking into a Full Upgrade., to either an Athlon 200/300-Series or Ryzen with Graphics (2200G/2400G)

I mean it'll make a MUCH bigger difference for Gaming. 

Even the 2-Core / 4-Thread / 3CU GPU, Athlon 200GE (£47) essentially will double your performance... go for something like the Ryzen 3 2200G and you're getting 4-Core / 8-Thread / 8CU GPU., essentially Minimum Specifications for most Games today. 

0 Likes
ameliarobert
Journeyman III

Hello! Based on the information you provided, the Cooler Master Hyper H410R is compatible with the FM2/FM2+ socket on your Gigabyte GA F2A58M-DS2 motherboard, so you should be able to replace your original heatsink with it. As for how it performs, it's a decent budget CPU cooler that should provide better cooling than your stock cooler.

In terms of temperature, it's hard to say exactly how much lower it will be after installing the Cooler Master Hyper H410R, as that will depend on a number of factors such as your ambient temperature, case airflow, and how much you are overclocking your CPU. However, it's reasonable to expect a temperature decrease of at least a few degrees Celsius, and potentially more if you have good case airflow.

That being said, 80°C is quite high for a CPU temperature, and it's not surprising that your system is shutting down or restarting. Overheating can cause permanent damage to your CPU, so it's important to address this issue as soon as possible. In addition to installing a better CPU cooler, you may want to consider improving your case airflow by adding more fans or ensuring that your existing fans are properly configured for intake and exhaust.

I hope this information is helpful, and let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Likes