AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Ryzen 3800X, AsRock X570M Pro4, Corsair H100i cooler.  I installed this combo and none of the temps make sense.

Question asked by ulmatms on Sep 29, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2019 by ulmatms

New Ryzen 3800X, AsRock X570M Pro4, Corsair H100i cooler. I installed this combo and none of the temps make sense.

My motherboard (latest BIOS) shows a temp of 55C when in bios doing nothing.

In Windows 10 (1809) Ryzen Master shows an idle of ~33-36C

The temp probe in the cooler shows ~28-30C

What is not making any sense is that when I run any type of cpu burn in test, regardless of what Ryzen Master shows before starting temp wise, it shows it hitting 95C within a second and just sits there.  When I stop the burn in test, it drops back to say 44C within 1 second and then tails back down to idle temp in about 10 seconds.  I never let the test run more then 5 seconds due to the 95C temp reporting.  Shouldn't it have shut down if it got to that temp?

When just doing things in Windows like open a browser or open YouTube...it spikes into the 70-80s for a split second and then back to the low 40s.  Ryzen Master reporting for all temps in Windows.

I know the cooler is working as I tried it on my old FX-8350 overclocked to 4.4 on all cores and the temp holds at 64C all day long.  I also tried the air cooler that came with it and see the same thing.  All new paste too.

What is going on here?  My biggest complaint is that the CPU fan speeds are completely worthless as I seem to have either the minimum fan or maximum fan with no in between.  I'm starting to feel like the temp probe on the chip goes crazy when loaded....  Also, Ryzen Master only shows a TDP pull of 45% when it hits 95C....that really makes no sense.

HELP!!!

Outcomes