cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ghethco
Adept I

Is portrait mode supported in Eyefinity Adrenalin 2019 19.9.2?

I have a 5 monitor DisplayPort configuration, all in portrait.  The older version of Eyefinity worked fine, I was able to configure portrait mode in the Display Group.  I am running Windows 10, just updated to version 1903.  My Eyefinity settings were totally forgotten.  No surprise there, this always seems to happen with any Windows update.  Why???

Tried to go into Eyefinity settings, could not restore the portrait config.  So, also updated to Adrenaline 2019 19.9.2 (latest) in case there was some incompatibility between new Windows and old drivers.  Still couldn't restore the portrait config, no interface to set portrait mode in Eyefinity.

From the *extensive* reading and searching I've done, I gather that you are now supposed to use the Windows "Displays" settings to extend the desktop and set the portrait orientation.  This works, I can set all five monitors to "extend" -> "portrait".  But, when I go back into Eyefinity, it reverts to landscape mode and stays there.  It doesn't honor the windows settings to portrait, and provides no interface to change to portrait.  So, it appears that I can't use Eyefinity any more for this system.

I spent the better part of a morning even getting this far!  Not a happy camper at this point.  Eyefinity is *the reason* I chose AMD graphics.  If this isn't resolved, I will think twice next time on the AMD vs Nvidia decision.

Gary

0 Likes
5 Replies
ghethco
Adept I

Forgot to add, I have a Radeon Rx 480.

Need to know your system information please.
CPU
GPU
Motherboard

HDD

RAM

OS build
etc.

I have a 3 screen infinity display running on one of my PCs - I can take a look at what happens in portrait mode on 3 then on 5.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ghethco
Adept I

Hi colesdav,

Thanks for trying to help.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 8.0 GB

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Motherboard: System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.  System Model G1.Sniper Z170-CF

BIOS: American Megatrends 2.8

GPU:

Name Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67DF), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible

HDD (C drive)

Size 110.73 GB (118,891,474,944 bytes)

Free Space 6.91 GB (7,424,880,640 bytes)

0 Likes
t29sinking
Journeyman III

Hi, difficult to find. Found for eyefinity landscape mode. In adrenalin, you will find eyefinity launching mode in the settings of the game (in adrenalin). 

Now i put my displays in portrait mode. Not found the tip. Go on searching.

0 Likes
t29sinking
Journeyman III

Hi, i unplugged my cables. Replugged for having in Windows 10 display settings, 3.2.1. Tick the Eyefinity launching button in the Adrenalin driver where you can find the game. Resolution : 3240-1920 : ok.

0 Likes