cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

johnhgray
Journeyman III

I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop having the older "PCI" Bus Slots. I need to replace an AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series Graphics Card, but cannot find ANY Cards that will fit the older "PCI Bus (NOT the "PCI-e" Bus). Even standard VGA would suffice, but

I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop having the older "PCI" Bus Slots.  I need to replace an AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series Graphics Card and cannot find ANY Card that will fit the older "PCI" Slots (NOT a "PCI-e" Slot). Even standard VGA Graphics will suffice but it must fit into a "PCI" Slot.     Can anyone please help???  THANKS!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Why do you want to use the PCI slots? Is the PCI-E slot itself faulty? cause its gonna be hard to find any PCI Graphics that still has working drivers that works on Win7/10.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Your motherboard probably has a PCIe slot. Also PCI video cards are very old. I would like to share the specifications of a PCI video card. This PCI video card may not work even if you find it on your system.

3Dfx Voodoo 1
Annotation 2019-09-26 214227.png
No 2D core, only additional 3D accelerator. 2MB frame buffer memory and 2MB (4MB on 6MB cards) texture memory. Max resolution up to 800x600 (6MB), or 640x480 on 4MB versions.

So these video cards are antique. It is very difficult to find. Already have expensive sale.

0 Likes