cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cyberbear
Journeyman III

No Video on KVM Switch after updating drivers?

Hi!

I was normally using my KVM switch (U Green VGA KVM Switch) to install a new build and then the video stopped working. I'm not sure but it seems it was right after I installed the driver updates (and not the one windows installed by itself). The new drivers I installed are Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2.

This build is running on an AMD Ryzen 2400G APU, ASRock A320M-HD Mobo and my Monitor is an LG W1941S.

I noticed after the update that my resolution was set to 1920x1080 even though this monitor's max resolution is 1366 x 768@60Hz. I toggled it back down to the recommended but it didn't do the trick. 

Something that is interesting is that on ASRock's POST the Video does come out to my monitor while using the KVM Switch, but when it starts initializing the OS (Windows 10) the video goes dead..

Has anyone had a similar problem? What do you recommend me doing?

Thanks!

3 Replies
cyberbear
Journeyman III

Confirmed, the problem is with the driver. After I arrived at work I tried some different configurations to no avail. I finally uninstalled the drivers and voilà, my KVM Switch is working perfectly, I didn't even have to reboot. 

Can anyone suggest a different configuration to use on AMD's Drivers?

0 Likes
drjohnlogan
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue with a Gigabyte B450M S2H and Ryzen 5 3400G..

Is there any solution to the problem? I tried with the newest drivers and those from the DVD and had the KVM-Switch-issue... With no driver at all, no KVM-issue but the desktop looks awful, so this can't be the solution either.

It's amazing that AMD launches such shitty drivers???

0 Likes
snowengineer
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue. Just installed new KVM switch and my PC screen is blank.

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

0 Likes