cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

levisteee
Journeyman III

Bluescreen and Game crash

I encountered blue screen and game crashes. I don't know what the problem is, whether the driver's problem or Pc parts problem.

CPU

*AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Motherboard

*Gigabyte A320M-S2H-V2

Ram

*Hyper X Fury 8GB 2666Mhz

GPU

*Gigabyte Gaming Rx570 4GB

PSU

*Silver Stone ET550-B Esential Series 80 Plus Bronze

SSD 

*Gigabyte 120 GB

HDD

*Seagate Barracuda 1TB

0 Likes
8 Replies

You didn't post Windows or AMD Driver versions installed.

Also post the exact BSOD errors and other other errors when your PC crashes.

Check Device Manager and make sure there are no Yellow Exclamation marks or Errors showing.

Try Stress testing your GPU and APU and see if it crashes under heavy loads when it is stressed. 

I personally like using OCCT which stress tests the GPU, APU, and PSU.

I would also suggest to update your Motherboard BIOS and CHIPSET to the latest versions: GA-A320M-S2H V2 (rev. 1.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

Windows 10 64bit and Amd Radeon Version 17.8.1

0 Likes

You have a very old AMD driver installed.

Try the latest WHQL or BETA from here for your RX570: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570 

See if you keep getting BSODs or errors. If you do, please post the BSOD errors and other errors that occur.

NOTE: Are you using the Integrated Graphics through your Motherboard's video outputs to your monitor or is your monitor connected directly to the RX570?  Also how is it connected (HDMI, DP,DVI, VGA)?

On this website here were someone who had similar problems, with the same CPU without GPU. I suggested that he (has B450 ASUS Mobo + 3200Mhz GSKill probably 1.35v) delete the display driver and test the system with prime95. He wrote to me that he had no problems when the display driver was not installed. He was probably having BIOS problem. So OP may have BIOS problem. 

If the OP deletes the Display driver it will also delete the integrated Graphics driver at the same time unless through Device Manager he just disables the RX570 and not the Rzyen 3200g.

Other Users with RX570 and above needed to make some minor changes in Wattman like the Power settings (50%) and Fan policy to make the GPU card more stable from crashing.

It is a good idea to narrow down whether it is the RX570 or the 3200g graphics that is causing the issues by eliminating one.

In my opinion, disabling the driver may not work. Software releated system errors are usually arising installed a sys file (so service) on the system's kernel. But it may be helpful to remove RX 570 and then try to test (OCCT) like you wrote.

0 Likes

My BIOS current version is F40 can I skip this to F42? not downloading F41?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

"C:\Windows\Minidump" folder contains dmp files for BSODs. Comments can be made if you share dmp files.