cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

coolmike90
Adept I

5700 XT Anniversary Ediiton - Screen blacking out during games, PC crashing.

Hey Guys,

Recently built a brand new machine and I have a 5700 XT Anniversary edition.

Drivers fully updated.

I play alot of League of Legends and I was having a sporadic, sometimes consistent issue (3 4 games in a row or 3-4 times in a game) Where the screens go black and I lose all audio and the machine crashes and I cant get it back up unless I reboot.

I reinstalled Windows again and freshly updated, had the issue for the first couple days and now it freezes out in the party screen when something happens, if I go to open the AMD software it just locks up. Sometimes I can close things out via task manager or it'll just freeze and I have to hard reboot. After the first few freezes it works fine and than next game I run into it again in the party menu.

I noticed it in other games also like Apex.

I noticed the GPU % spiking in NZXTs cam software to 130-180% and staying pinned.

I dont see anything specific in the event logs so I am not 100% sure what it can be.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
siaosiao1993
Journeyman III

My 50th Anniversary also having the same exact issue like yours, as well as my friend's normal 5700xt reference & sometimes it goes in BSOD. 

Yeah I have yet to find an answer as to why its happens besides a defective card which is what I am thinking. I might call them and start the RMA process, can't live like this.

kingslime
Adept I

I have a similar issue except mine acts like it plays an infinite tone of whatever the last sound bit is which just turns into a buzzing noise, goes blank. Sometimes recovers, but if not will shut off my entire computer and reboot. 

I'm thinking of returning it and just trying an Nvidia card. Really wanted to get a full AMD build but not when we are their free Driver Beta testers.

0 Likes

100% Agree,

I built a full AMD build due to my love for the company and such but I am pretty upset I can't rely on my 5700 XT, anniversary edition nonetheless, to play games or do anything because it constantly locks up applications.

I am going to submit a support ticket and see if I can get a swap.

0 Likes