cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

boyfromhell
Adept I

Will be RIS added for Vega?

Why there isn't RIS for Vega? I'm a Vega user and I'm angry with this situation because I paid more money for Vega and I don't understand why you skipped these cards. I know they aren't the same but c'mon, they are still a GCN but in different generations. In my opinion Drivers Team could add RIS to Vega cards with no bigger problem.

0 Likes
8 Replies
herve-ch
Adept I

Yes Add Ris to VEGA plz

I really do not know what all the fuss is about.

You can already run it on Vega or any AMD GCN GPU, or modern Nvidia GPU ...
See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxL6Uv4O6gA&list=PLIv5H5uEfbRQ_1HrrjWhfpBfUJDXYT9dk

I do agree RIS should have gone into RX Vega 64 and 56 though.
Mind you it only works on DX12 and Vulkan so ... that's not many games.

Yes, you're right. I can already run it on GCN GPU's but I don't like to trick by using ReShade and this kinda stuff. I just want that in the drivers. Yup, I know. I'm effortless.
And in my opinion DX12 and Vulkan are future and that's why I want that feature in drivers.
Even No Man's Sky has been converted to Vulkan.

P.S. I have seen your video. I really respect people like you, that they can show you that there's other way than waiting for developers to update or add some features to the drivers. Keep up the good work.

0 Likes

I suppose you want Ray Tracing as well.
Videos to follow.

Please, stop it right there.
In my opinion it's a useless feature for now but I don't doubt it. It has a huge potential.
It's just too big perfomance hit for realistic reflections and shadows.
It's too early for RT.

0 Likes

Ray Tracing runs on an RX Vega 64 Liquid (Global Illumination). It does incur a larger performance hit. Another problem is power consumtion increase when I run it.  

0 Likes

colesdav wrote:

Ray Tracing runs on an RX Vega 64 Liquid (Global Illumination). It does incur a larger performance hit. Another problem is power consumtion increase when I run it.  

RTX is going to be expensive to use in practice due to the brutal computational load imposed

0 Likes

YES! RIS for Vega AMD, do it please!!