AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can a Ryzen 5 3600 be made nonfunctional by an interrupted reset process after overclocking with Ryzen Master

Question asked by mstratton317 on Sep 16, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 by mstratton317

Recently I tried changing some of the processor settings on my Ryzen 5 3600 using the Ryzen Master software. After trying to up the clock speed, and it saying something to the effect that the infinity fabric speed needed to be higher, I should have stopped there and realized I didn’t know what I was doing. But then I upped the infinity fabric speed as well, and it prompted me to reset my computer. While resetting, the power went out. Then, my computer wouldn’t boot or get to the BIOS, and the debug LED on my motherboard lit up for “CPU not recognized or fail.”

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I’m not sure what to do now, and I’m not sure what parts of my computer might be damaged. I'm afraid that the settings that were being changed during the reset might have been irreversibly damaged by the power outage, and that now my CPU is dead forever. thanks in advance for any advice. 

Outcomes