markbig

RX Vega 56 LOCK frequency SoC/MEM/Core

Discussion created by markbig on Sep 16, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2019 by brödrosten

Hello.

ran into an unpleasant problem with my graphics card Sapphire RX Vega 56 Pulse.

in version drivers Adrenalin 2019 (19.X.X) my video memory / gpu core frequencies freeze - mostly frequencies freeze video memory and SoC. I will take the "Dead by Daylight" game as an example. It can happen in an hour, maybe in 30 minutes, and it can happen the next day. My frame rate suddenly drops from 60 to 30-38. HBM2 frequency is locked at 167Mhz and SoC Clock locked - 1043Mhz. restart the game - does not help, only restarting the system helps. 

I encountered these problems in April with a driver 19.4.1

I encountered these problems in September with a driver 19.9.2

This problem upsets me, my graphics card is 11 months old (1 year warranty). My warranty expires and I need to do something. I worry that the problem is in the video card and in the future it will lead to its death. Unfortunately, at this moment in time I have no opportunity to buy her a replacement - I need to understand whether the problem is software or hardware.

I want to note - with driver version 2018 (18.12.1) I have not encountered such a problem (or is it rare with this driver or not at all). - I'm currently using it.

I want to note - I use third-party programs (MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner) - to set the fan speed and to monitor the system in games. overclocking, I do not. I also use the "HWinfo64" program for monitoring.

I ask for responsiveness and help - any advice, any thought on this topic will be useful to me.

I will describe my system:

Operating System :                                                   Windows 10 Professional x64
Motherboard:                                                            Asus ROG Strix b450 F-Gaming (Socket AM4)
Processor:                                                                AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.85Ghz, 8 Cores / 16 Threads (Summit Ridge)
Memory:                                                                   Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4, 2866Mhz (Dual-Channel)
Graphic:                                                                    Sapphire RX Vega 56 Pulse 8gb HBM2, 1208-1601/ 800 Mhz 
Power unit:                                                               FSP Aurum Pro 1200W
Case:                                                                        Thermaltake Versa C24 RGB White
CPU cooling:                                                            Cooler Master MasterAir 620P TUF edition

I will wait for your thoughts and I will be grateful to everyone for your help.

Outcomes